January 3, 2012

Froggy 2.0

When Wyatt was born Wendell's brother and sis in law gave him a stuffed froggy.
Over the last (almost) 3 years that froggy has been by Wyatt's side practically everywhere he goes. He sleeps with it, travels with it, and even takes it to the grocery store on days when mom isn't willing to put up with the fight! When he was little he would twiddle the tag (hence the worn out tag by his leg) and press their noses together when he would sleep. He loves his froggy.

Well as time went on that little froggy became more and more rattier. The seam on top of his head has split open, both eyes were badly banged up and pieces where chipped off, the fabric was very worn and in some spots practically see through. Random strangers at the grocery store would comment on his special froggy that he must love very much because it was so well used.


So we decided to get him a new froggy. I wish it was as easy as going to the store and buying it. Wendell's brother bought it from Safeway and over the years we've checked there to see if they had more but they never did. So we found out the brand of stuffed animals they sold there and started google searching and looking on EBAY. After looking for many hours we found one that looked like it was the exact same one for only $20 and it had to be shipped from England. So we ordered it and it arrived in a week and a half.Unfortunately it wasn't the same froggy as it was bigger. But we decided to make the trade anyways.


When we got home from Christmas holidays we were doing laundry and I convinced Wyatt that froggy needed a bath in the washing machine. After much coaxing he finally put it in the machine and when he wasn't looking I took it out and put the new one in. After the laundry was done I casually handed him his froggy and told him he was all clean. He looked at it and dropped it on
the floor. He said, " It's bigger." (Like duh mom you can't fool me) I was sure the jig was up and that he would not accept this new froggy. I was expecting a total melt down for sure and crying and screaming for his froggy. But luckily I came up with an explanation. I told him that froggy grew big like him because he ate his food and the washing machine fixed his hole and his eyes.
Wyatt took another look at this new froggy and said, "yaa he's big like me!" He ran off to play and hasn't said another word about it! Phewff....

Wendell and I were obviously sadder about losing the old froggy than Wyatt was. He has loved this old froggy for so long it was hard and sad to take him away from him. So we will save him in my hope chest and one day tell him about it!

Meet Froggy 2.0

3 comments:

  1. so cute! im wishing i bought 2 of macys teddy as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW IS HE SO GROWN UP?! SO FLIPPEN CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the frog story! Very witty explanation! You are such a good mom ash. I loved seeing your pictures from Christmas. Sometimes I would love to go to the temple with you and miranda. That sounds so great!

    ReplyDelete