January 28, 2013

We've been busy!

We've been busy! I enjoy blogging but I am so far behind. Instead of trying to take the time and energy to catch up I'll do it quick instead!

September
  • I took an Institute class for the first time in my life. My old seminary teacher from Cardston was the instructor and I went with my good friend Brooklyn. I was really scared and intimidated to go at first. I was afraid I was going to be the "old" person but in reality there where quite a few people my age and some had children as well. It was a great experience and I wish I could fit it into my schedule to go again this semester!
  • We enrolled Wyatt in "Sportball" classes at the Trico. It was a 12 week program and each week the instructor taught them a new sport. It was a parented program meaning that daddy got to go with him and play with him. I can definitely envision sports in his future. I would have to say his favorites were hockey and golf.
  • Wendell turned 29! I surprised him by decorating his cubicle at work! I'm already planning his 30th in my mind! I hope it will be great!
October
  • Wendell's nephew Derek Redford got married to Maddi. They are both so cute and it was fun to talk to Wyatt about getting married in the Temple. He told me Maddi looked very pretty in her wedding dress.
  • We volunteered at the Calgary Temple Open House. Wendell worked in Parking and I was an Usher. It was an early morning and a long day on our feet but so worth it. My parents came up to watch the boys and my sisters family came up as well. The plan was for them to come to the open house after we were done our shift. My dad got really sick and my Grandmother was really ill back in Cardston so my parents left to go back home. Luckily Primrose's were here and able to get the boys dressed and up to the Temple.
  • I went to Time Out For Women in Salt Lake City with my mom and 2 of my sisters. We also spent time with my Aunt Brenda and my cousin Chelsey also came to TOFW with us. We left early in the week and spent a few days shopping and touring SLC.
  • Jakey turned 18 months and started going to nursery. He did not like it then and does not like it now. They say he is getting better. We've discovered he likes men better than women so luckily there are some men in Nursery and they can usually calm him down.
  • For Halloween the boys were a Pirate and a Parrot. I thought long and hard about what I wanted them to be. (it's all about what I want right??) I loved their costumes from last year and felt like I needed something just as great. So Wyatt actually said he wanted to be a Pirate and then I found a cute Parrot costume for Jake. I thought I was so original. But I was Visiting Teacher one night before Halloween and I commented on some pirate swords she had on her stairs. She says, "Ya my girls are going to be Pirates for Halloween and my son a Parrot." My jaw literally hit my chest. So much for being original. The actual night of Halloween was freezing. We bundled them up the best we could and I sent them out with Wendell. Jake was not impressed with is costume. He cried and cried. I kept imagining him saying, "I'm a bird. He gets to be a Pirate and I'm a bird!"
November
  • We spent a lot of time sledding and skating. Wyatt is fearless when sledding and will go down practically any hill. Wendell built a skating rink our in our backyard. Wyatt and Jakey like to go out with daddy and skate.
December
  • Was your typical busy month. We saw Santa twice.  Once at our ward party and then at our Prete Family Christmas party.
  • We went to the live Nativity Pageant with our friends the Wilde's.
  • We had a FHE night and invited over the Capps & Wilde families. We made gingerbread houses and ate popcorn & hot chocolate.
  • We went to Cardston for Christmas. We had a Prete Christmas Party (my mom's side) at my Aunt Ruby's house. The kids had a lot of fun playing with a few of their cousins and getting spoiled Christmas Day.
  • After Christmas my family came to Calgary and we spent 3 days at the water slides. Growing up we went to Medicine Hat for the water slides practically every Christmas. It was fun watching all 20 grand kids go up and down the slides for hours. It definitely brought back memories of going with our cousins when we were little.
  • Wendell's niece Tenelle Card got married to Mat Richards in the Calgary Temple. It was the first wedding I had go to at the new temple and it was beautiful. Tenelle looked gorgeous as always!
  • We spent New Years Eve home with our good friends Brook & Travis Quinton. We had way too much yummy food and had a nice relaxing New Years with our friends.
  • New Years Day was the Walton get together at Wendell's sisters house in Okotoks. They have a skating rink and snow mobiles so most of teenagers/younger kids spent the day outside. Again we had sooo much food! 
  • I got called to the Primary Presidency in our ward. I love Primary and the girls I work with. I already somewhat knew all of them and feel comfortable with them. I look forward to the next 3  years!
January
  • I started online classes at Red Deer College for my Early Learning and Child Care Diploma. Mount Royal University (here in Calgary) doesn't offer online classes for the 2nd year. So I was easily able to transfer to RDC.  Our textbook is a book by Stephen R. Covey called, "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People." It's a great read with a lot of useful information. I think everyone needs to read it. It blows my mind that I'm taking classes through RDC and my instructor lives in Vancouver BC. Gotta love technology!
  • Wyatt started Sunbeams! The first week was pretty crazy. Wendell was out of town and I had to conduct and teach sharing time. I had to quickly drop Jakey off at Nursery and take Wyatt to Primary with me. I basically threw him in his chair and ran to the back to get things started. He was pretty whiny and kept coming up to the front with me. I feel bad that that was his first experience in Primary but he's doing pretty good now.
  • Wendell went to California for 3 days for a work conference. One night him and some people went to Disneyland since they were staying practically next to it. Seriously he went to Disneyland and I was at home with the kids......
  • Somebody turned 4!! Mr Wyatt had a Birthday on January 19! I am going to do that in its own post since I'm all caught up!
Now do you understand why I didn't want to start blogging since I was so far behind! I'm pretty sure I missed a ton but now that I'm caught up I can just start from here!


No comments:

Post a Comment